The community is bounded roughly by 41st Avenue, Boundary Road, the north arm of the Fraser River, and Vivian Drive.
The southern portion of the neighbourhood is referred to as Champlain Heights.
William Rowling received the only land military grant in Vancouver, in 1868, becoming the area's first non-native settler.
The area remained largely unpopulated until the 1920s.
In 1929 the area, which had been part of the District of South Vancouver from 1892 to 1929, amalgamated with the city of Vancouver.